Mama Africa Menu
Starters – To get your stomach ready
Our signature appetite teasers are gracefully prepared to highlight the succulent meals ahead. All our starters maintain the Africa origin and taste. Most of our guests loved the chef’s soup of the day. Check out top starters below
- The chef’s salad of the day
- The chef’s soup of the day
- Crispy fried chicken winds
- Garlic bread
Mama’s Hot Pots – A Selection of Africa Dishes
Mama’s hot pot dishes make are a selection of African dishes, they are our signature dishes, they distinguish Mama Africa eating house. These include.
- Umhwabha ledobi – A Ndebele dish of dried meat and penut butter sauce.
- Sadza Ndiurae meaning (Sadza kill me) – A traditional Shona spiced vegetables mixed with fresh steak.
- Huku Nedovi – A shona dish of chicken mixed with peanut butter sauce
- Hunter’s Pot – Game of the day. slowly brewed and prepared the African style.
- Chicken or beef curry
- Vegetable Curry
All served with plain rice, peanut butter rice, potatoes or sadwa.
From the Grill
A real African feast, guest move from grill to grill in search of the best braai. A whole lamb or wathorg can braaid and finished from the grill. These are best served with fresh vegetable salads. Our grill menus include
- Prime Zimbabwean Rump Steak
- Ladies Fillet
- Elephant Turd T-born stake
- Pan Fried Pork Chops – Seasoned, fried and served with apple sauce
- Mozambique Peri peri Chicken – seasoned to your liking – mild or hot and served with seasonal vegetables.
- Grilled Zambezi Whole Bream – Palm sized whole bream, served with tomato/onion relish.
All the above served with seasonal grilled vegetables, chips or baked potato and the following sauces; peri peri, pepper, lemon garlic butter
After a great meal, you will always have space for something sweet. Our signature deserts are authentic. Deserts include.
- Home made ice cream – amarula or passion fruit
- Fruit kebab
- The Mama Africa Chocolate cake
All served with ice cream